A brand new dining option is coming to Loews Sapphire Falls Resort that may be of interest to those who enjoy luau or other dinner shows! The new Caribbean Carnaval will be held on Wednesday Nights year-round and promises to take you on a “flavorful, musical tour through the Caribbean.” The event is described as follows:
Experience the vibrant colors, rich sounds and delightful tastes of the Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica, Barbados and Trinidad at this lively celebration. You’ll enjoy authentic Caribbean cuisine and participate in song and dance native to the Caribbean Islands. Come join the party, do the limbo and jump into the conga line at Cayman Court at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando.
The menu will be an all-you-can-eat buffet, plus complimentary non-alcoholic beverages, wine, beer and Planter’s Punch. Here’s a look at the menu offerings:
- Salad Display
- Organic Greens, Tomato, Red Onion, Cucumber, Carrots, Corn Bread Croutons, Grilled Pineapple, Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Pinto Bean and Shrimp Salad, Chorizo, Peppers, Cilantro, Oven Roasted Vegetables with Chili-Lime Vinaigrette, Green Banana and Yucca Escabeche
- Carving Station
- Mojo Roasted Suckling Pig
- Coconut-Pineapple Brioche Carving Roll
- Hot Pots
- Ropa Vieja, Shredded Beef, Tomato and Sweet Plantains
- Grilled Snapper, Coconut Rice, Corn-Black Bean Salpicon
- Jerk Chicken, Mango-Papaya Relish, Jerk Sauce
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables
- Johnny Cakes
- Mini Desserts
- Caribbean Rum Cake
- Guava Flan
- Mexican Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Coconut and Caramel Rice Pudding
The cost for this event is $69 per adult and $35 per child (ages 3-9) with tax and gratuity not included. If you want an up close look at the action on the stage you can get a priority ticket that will guarantee you are in the first two rows of tables and costs $76 per adult and $40 per child (ages 3-9) with tax and gratuity not included. Complimentary self parking is included or $5 valet parking is also available.
The dinner portion of the event starts with a 6:00 pm seating and then the show begins at 7:00 pm and runs through 7:45 pm making this a nearly two hour experience. So far, dates are available starting on Wednesday, April 5th through Wednesday, July 5th, but more dates will surely be added in the future.
Overall, this event sounds very familiar to the Wantilan Luau at Loews Royal Pacific Resort. While the food is delicious at the Wantilan Luau, the show portion of the weekly event is uneven and more time is spent on audience congratulations/participation than performer entertainment. Considering the food is amazing at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, not including the terrible service at Amatista Cookhouse, this event could be a major success for the newest hotel on Universal Orlando Resort property.